Female Hair Loss, How Much Is Normal?

Female Hair Loss, How Much Is Normal?
Hair loss conditions like alopecia are very common and highly talked about, but that does not lessen the panic if you are a female experiencing hair loss, your internal alarm goes off if you have noticed a lot of hair shedding when showering, loose hairs on your pillow or your brush seems full of hairs. The point of this article is to give you tips on how much female hair loss is normal and to put your mind at ease.

On average, women lose around 50-100 hairs every day, but it’s no reason for concern if it is slightly more. The amount of hair you have determines the amount of hairs you shed everyday. About 10% of the hair on your head is in the resting phase or shedding phase. These hairs are free to fall out and create room for new hairs to grow. So the remaining 90% is still in the growing phase, meaning you still have about 90,000 hairs! If you have a lot of hair, you will find that you may lose more than a woman if an average amount of hair – this is normal.

Females with straight hair versus females with curly hair will generally have hair loss during different processes. For example, female hair loss for straight hair may notice a considerable amount of hairs shedding in the hair brush, on the floor and on your clothing. Female hair loss for curly hair often get caught in other strands of hair and does not fall out until you shampoo your hair. This means you can inadvertently put out a significant amount of hairs while showering.

Female Hair Loss That Is Not Normal

While you probably won’t count the number of hairs, if you feel that you’re losing more than 100-500 hairs a day, it’s probably a good idea to see a trichologist or doctor as there maybe something wrong. We often like to diagnose ourselves and conclude that we’re just stressed or lacking in nutrients, but it’s best to seek professional advice so that you will know for sure what’s causing the amount of hair loss you’re experiencing and the best treatment options.

Take Care Of Your Scalp and Hair

Sometimes the most expensive products aren’t all that good for your hair. When it comes to shampoos and conditioners, one of the most important things to remember is to make sure they are sulphate and silicone free. We all want our hair to feel clean and beautifully styled, but shampooing your hair too often or excessive use of heat styling tools can cause your hair to become dry and brittle.

If you feel as if you need further advice and assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at (619) 820-0290. I can offer you professional complimentary advice and what service we have to offer for your own personal needs.

Thank you for reading hair loss blog